Recipes & Ideas
How are your creativity and culinary skills? Share your mouth watering recipes or masterpieces and inspire others.
Please create an account here or log in to add your comment
Recipe for runner bean chutney (3 replies)
Does anyone have a recipe for runner bean chutney that they could share?
This is what I have used, still waiting for my month to be up before I try it though.
1lb runner beans
3/4lb sugar (ideally an even split of demerara and soft brown sugar)
3/4 tablespoon turmeric powder
3/4 tablespoon mustard powder
3/4 tablespoon cornflower
3/4 pint malt vinegar
Optional – 1 teaspoon curry or ginger powder
Chop up the beans – a mix of young and old will make for a good texture – and boil until tender.
Finely chop the onions (hold back the tears) and boil in most of the vinegar until soft.
Mix the remaining ingredients with the left over vinegar, drain the beans and combine the lot into one pan. Boil this up for about 15 minutes.
Put the chutney into clean, sterilised jars – but remember, don’t put hot chutney into cold glass (or visa versa) – and leave for a minimum of one month before eating.
Makes: 2 kg chutney, approximately
- 1kg runner beans, chopped into thirds
- 4 shallots, halved
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh root ginger
- 675g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 850ml malt vinegar, divided
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Extra time:4hr cooling › Ready in:4hr55min
- Bring a large pot of of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and shallots. Bring back to the boil and cook for 5-10 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Drain and transfer to a food processor. Pulse the mixture until coarsely chopped, then transfer back to the pot.
- Add garlic, ginger, sugar and 700ml vinegar. Boil for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining vinegar, turmeric, mustard, cornflour and chilli powder. Pour into the pot and stir. Boil for 15 minutes more.
- Allow to cool before storing in preserving jars.
pinch chilli powder
The decision to buy thesis online was obvious. I wanted to graduate successfully, but the topic for the thesis I was given turned out to be too complicated. The choice of service was difficult, but I decided not to take a risk and turn to the company I know well — BestCustomWriting. The number of helpers nowadays is huge, and everyone claims to be the best. My experience with the company I mentioned was positive, so why not? They tackle different paper types, including essays, theses, dissertations, reports, and many more. If you can't find the necessary one on their website, don't hesitate to contact customer support.